Provides a variable elimination order for the Pegasus graph.
The treewidth of a Pegasus graph P(n) is lower-bounded by 12n-11 and upper bounded by 12-4 [#bbrr]_ .
- Simple pegasus variable elimination order rules:
- eliminate vertical qubits, one column at a time
- eliminate horizontal qubits in each column once their adjacent vertical
qubits have been eliminated
- order (list) – An elimination order that provides an upper bound on the treewidth.
- .. [#bbrr] Boothby, K., P. Bunky, J. Raymond, A. Roy. Next-Generation – Topology of D-Wave Quantum Processors. Technical Report, Februrary 2019. https://www.dwavesys.com/resources/publications?type=white#publication-987